Hike information – 42 km and 21 km distance of SKOGSMARAN
Saturday September 28th 2019
(PLEASE NOTE: that there is other specific information regarding the marathon run)
Your registration is personal and cannot be transferred to someone else. All participants compete at their own risk.
- Start of the 42 km DISTANCE: Skatås 07.00 am. (Late registration and collection of number tags starting at 06.30 am)
- Start of the 21 km DISTANCE: Härryda IP 10.05 am. (Late registration and collection of number tags starting at 09.00 am)
- Maximum time to complete the 42 km distance is 10 hours
- Can be done at both starting points, please see the information above regarding times.
- Late registration at Skatås for the full race is 500 SEK (400 SEK at Härryda IP for half)
Number tag with a chip
Envelopes containing a number tag with a chip, and instructions are distributed at the assigned starting points. Envelopes can also be collected between the 25th and 27th of September at Löplabbet in Gothenburg, Östra Hamngatan 7 http://www.loplabbet.se/butik/goteborg-ostra-hamngatan
- Skatås: below the Motionscentralen, marked with a Skogsmaran banner
- Härryda IP: the clubhouse by the parking lot
- Finish line Hindås: changing rooms and showers are located in the middle school gym next to the finish line area
Bags and personal belongings
Bags with personal belongings can be taken care of at the starting points and delivered to the finish line. They will be marked with your starting number. We do not take responsibility for any lost items, so please do not leave any valuables in your bag.
Preexisting markings for Vildmarksleden will guide the way. Additional signs and markings may be put up.
There will be water or sports drink at five stations along the full distance where it passes close to a bigger road.
|Kåsjön||10 km||—||(water, sports drink)|
|Härkeshult||18 km||—||(water, sports drink, soup)|
|Härsjödamm||24 km||5 km||(water, sports drink, banana)|
|Härskogen||30 km||11 km||(water, sports drink, coca cola, banana, chips)|
|Gransjöås||35 km||15 km||(water, sports drink, coca cola, banana, chips)|
Participation at your own risk
Basic first aid kits will be available at the hydration stations. If anything serious occurs, 112 will be contacted
Everyone that finishes Skogsmaran will receive the Plaque of 2019.
There are good parking options around the finish line. Public transportation connects you with Gothenburg and Borås approximately every half hour with the occasional train as well. Please see Västtrafiks website for more detailed information: http://reseplanerare.vasttrafik.se/
If you are looking for housing, you can visit the tourist agency of Gothenburg at http://www.goteborg.com/turistbyran
When you have finished the distance, you’ll be served with water, energy drinks, chocolate biscuits and fruits right away. We will also be serving hamburgers or a vegetarian option for those who wish (this is included for participants)